The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, which opened in 1851 as the world’s first hospital dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education, has selected Hyland’s PACSgear image capture solution to integrate with its existing OnBase content services platform and new Epic electronic patient record (EPR) system.
The new digital health record (DHR) falls under the Royal Marsden’s Digital Transformation Programme and began in August last year, with the new Epic system going live across the Trust from March 2023.
Levelling up and convergence of EPRs is a priority for NHS England trusts and the newly formed regional Integrated Care Systems (ICSs), with Hyland proving a strong partner on EPR optimisation and digitisation efforts.
Lisa Emery, chief information officer at The Royal Marsden, said: “These technologies all work seamlessly together to create a comprehensive patient record, which helps us achieve one of our ultimate goals – for our care providers to be able to make the most informed decisions possible.”
The Royal Marsden will pair its OnBase content services platform, which has helped the trust consolidate existing documents stored in disparate repositories and optimising workflows and performance, with PACSgear, which bolsters patient data management with easier capture and visibility to vital medical images and data. With both products integrating seamlessly with Epic, staff will be better equipped to deliver outstanding patient care, optimise clinical experiences and improve outcomes.
“By adding PACSgear to its OnBase deployment and subsequently integrating those platforms with Epic, The Royal Marsden is driving even more optimisation for its care providers and even better experiences to the patients they serve,” added Haroon Iqbal, senior EMEA healthcare account manager at Hyland. “We continue to see great results from these integrations and we expect the same with this extension of our partnership.”
Hyland Healthcare’s PACSgear suite of solutions bolsters patent data management by:
- Making it easy to capture and integrate vital medical images and data during endoscopy procedures
- Eliminating information silos and allowing clinicians to access images from any specialty or department
- Enhancing clinical productivity and patient outcomes by providing a single view of all patient information
Additionally, Hyland Healthcare’s OnBase integration for Epic allows healthcare customers to:
- Better manage all content securely at the patient, order and encounter level for improved accuracy
- Create one complete patient-centric record linking all patient information, content and data from within the core application
- Deliver the right information to the right people at the right time to facilitate more informed decision making
- Automate checklist processing including deficiency tracking, referral management and subject access requests to ensure compliance with external regulations while enhancing clinical productivity