In response to the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, GPs in Kirklees have changed the way they’re working.
Many appointments are now being delivered by phone, email or online. Face-to-face and home visits are still available for those who need them. Some people may be offered an appointment at a different GP surgery to the one they would normally attend.
Some routine appointments such as medication and long-term condition reviews, non-urgent blood tests and minor surgery are being postponed.
The changes are in line with government guidance and have been put in place so that practices can continue to provide care to their patients, while minimising the risk of spreading the virus.
Patients are being asked not to go to their GP surgery unless they have a confirmed appointment and should make contact by telephone – only when necessary. This is in line with the government’s message about staying at home to stop the spread of the virus.
Patients who need repeat medication should order these online.
You can keep up to date with all the latest information and guidance on coronavirus on the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- GP practices in Kirklees are open but have changed the way they are working.
- These arrangements have been put in place to ensure the safety of patients and healthcare staff.
- Where possible, care will be provided by phone, email or online.
- You should only get in touch with you GP surgery if you really need to. Please make contact by phone or online.
- Do not visit your GP surgery without a confirmed appointment. This includes calling in to make an appointment, hand in a prescription, to see the practice nurse or other members of staff.
- If your practice decides you need a face-to-face appointment, they will arrange for you to attend the surgery or organise a home visit. You may be offered an appointment at a different GP surgery to the one you would normally attend.
- Please order repeat medication online.
- GP practices in Kirklees will be open on Friday 10th April (Good Friday) and Monday 13 April (Easter Bank Holiday).