Accellion kiteworks enables secure and compliant file transfers in a quick, easy way with its unique Automation Agents. Every enterprise has sensitive, recurring data transfers with parties outside the organization. Manual processes are a slow, expensive and error prone way to address this need – and make it difficult to demonstrate you are in compliance. Accellion’s Automation Agents alleviate the need for high-touch workflows and custom integrations that must be maintained and extended over time.
Sets Up Without Coding
Each Agent is simply configured to send files to specified parties or systems, or to receive transfers and store them, and can even kick off post-processing scripts. There is no coding required; a configuration file and a task file are all that is needed to set up an Agent. Leverages Accellion Platform Security and Compliance Since Automation Agents execute the transfers on the Accellion kiteworks platform, they leverage the scalability, security, governance, ease of use and integration the platform provides. The granular controls, dashboards and reports CISOs depend on to monitor compliance and satisfy audits track the automated transfers, so you have total visibility into what content was sent to whom, including if and when they downloaded it. This is critical for organizations who need to demonstrate compliance with rigorous standards such as GDPR, HIPAA, SOX and NIST 800-171. Because Accellion integrates with your existing security infrastructure, it uses your DLP to detect PII and other sensitive content, and blocks transfers based on your rules. It also quarantines zero-day threats detected through its integration with your ATP, and its integrations with your LDAP/AD, SSO and MFA keep your user management costs low. Finally, its encryption, key ownership and role-based access permissions ensure your data is protected. Flexibility to Address Unique Use Cases Automation Agents can interface with humans or systems, at either end of the transfer, depending on the needs of the use case. File transfers can also be one-to-one, one-to-many (distribution), or many-to-one (submission).
The flexibility within Automation Agents enable organizations to address a wide range of content transfer use cases, such as:
1. A research analytics company sends daily research reports to its subscribing customers. This is a one-to-many, person-to-person use case, with the Automation Agent kicked off daily by a scheduled job and receiving proof of delivery and download.
2. Nurses at a network of clinics send heart EKG test results to a centralized EKG management system, accessible by the specialist who interprets the results. This is a many-to-one, humans-to-machine use case with Automation Agents installed at both the sending and receiving ends of the transfer.
3. A manufacturer sends invoices from SAP to a supply chain partner’s Oracle system, a machine-to-machine use case with full security, a full audit trail, and the reporting and dashboards needed to ensure compliance.
• Systems Supported: servers and personal computers running Windows, MacOS or LINUX.
• Configuration examples:
— Invoke a one-time transfer by script or by command line
— Continuously watch a local folder for the presence of file, and when detected, send it
— Continuously watch an Accellion inbox for a file to download to a specified local folder, and optionally invoke a
• Automation Agents can utilize a kiteworks server or cluster running on-premise, on Azure or AWS, hosted for you by
Accellion in a standard or FedRAMP environment, or a hybrid.
Accellion, Inc. enables enterprise organizations to securely connect all their content to the people and systems that are part of their critical business processes, regardless of the applications that create that content or where it is stored, while maintaining the controls and visibility needed to demonstrate compliance. Accellion’s solutions have been used by more than 25 million end users and have been installed at more than 3,000 of the world’s leading corporations and government agencies including NYC Health + Hospitals; KPMG; Kaiser Permanente; Latham & Watkins; National Park Service; Umpqua Bank; Cargill; and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST). For more information please visit www.accellion.com or call (650) 485-4300. Follow Accellion on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Accellion’s Blog.