27th – 28th November, Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel, Essex
Over 100 healthcare leaders gathered together in Essex last week to discuss how they can achieve healthcare excellence by working together. There was a focus on interoperable data, a fully digitalised NHS and patients as equal partners. Meetings like this are important because it promotes a more integrated approach to the delivery of services. The path to a fully integrated care programme is not straight forward and we still have a long way to go, although there are some exemplar examples to learn from many of which were talked about at this meeting.
The delegates benefited from formal and informal networking opportunities, interactive discussions and insightful presentations enabling sharing of information and strategies. This all took place in a beautiful setting with support on hand.
Delegates were treated to a fabulous 3 course meal, drinks reception, breakfast and accommodation at the Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel with full use of all hotel facilities and access to all presentations and discussions.
Among the many topics discussed were:
- End of Life Care
- How to get EPR right
- Trust wide improvement
- Commissioning a new culture
- IT Infrastructure – Onsite v Cloud
- The challenges around interoperability
- GDPR – Did the EU get something RIGHT?
- How to commission and integrate services
- Business Intelligence as an Enabler for Efficiency
- Implementing, using and maintaining mobile working
- Improving patient care by enabling technological innovation
- Designing and implementing a proper IT Strategy prior to deliver
The next meeting will be held on 19th – 20th June at Shrigley Hall Hotel & Spa, Cheshire. You can find out more here: https://www.oscarkrane.com/excellence-in-healthcare-north.html
All the delegates received the Health Tech Digital Magazine and had an opportunity to signup to our newsletter. We also filmed most of the speakers and will be publishing the videos on Health Tech Digital TV this week for those of you that could not make the event.